S.H. Architectural Services Ltd is committed to complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Any personal information collected by S.H Architectural Services Ltd will be used in accordance with the DPA. We are aware of our obligations under GDPR and have adopted a proactive approach to the implementation of the new legislation in the United Kingdom. This includes reviewing existing policies and where appropriate developing and implementing new policies and procedures to ensure personal data is collected, stored and disposed of in a manner compliant with the requirements of GDPR and any subsequent legislation.
We have taken appropriate measures to keep users’ personal information secure. We are committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only those parties who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
Changes to this privacy notice.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law.
2. What types of personal information about you do we collect?
Personal information that we may collect in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Family members (if relevant to the product or service)
- Information required to provide you with a service
- Records of your contact with us such as via our phone line and our online services.
- Products and services you contract from / through us, as well as have been interested in.
- Information we obtained from third parties.
- Information about your property such as location, ownership, property type and building work being considered.
- Third party transactions transactions; such as where a person other than the client uses our service, information about that person and the transaction.
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from family members, associates or beneficiaries of products and services
- Business partners (for example, local authorities, builders), or others who are a part of providing your products and services.
- Use of our online services
4. How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you for your views on our services
- For record keeping purposes
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
- To keep you informed about our products or services that we offer
- To notify you about important changed or developments to our site or services
Your personal information will be provided by S.H. Architectural Services Ltd to selected third parties:
- Business partners (for example, planning, surveyors, structural engineers, building control bodies), or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as Planning and Building Control.
- Where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
- When customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them
- For the prevention of fraud against S.H. Architectural Services Ltd, third parties and customers
- For the purposes of identity verification
- To prevent money laundering
- To other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety including the exchange of information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks and in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as debt recovery agencies, back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- a) Managing products and services you hold with us, or an application for one
- b) Updating your records to contact you about your account
- c) Sharing your personal information with Planning, Building Control and services providers when you request us to do so.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- a) Updating your records.
- b) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
- c) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- d) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- e) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
To comply with our legal obligationsWith your consent or explicit consent:
- a) To deliver a project
6. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
You can exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
7. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
8. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We are unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide certain information to us.
9. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
The RIBA recommends that all drawings, models, information, data and correspondence should be retained from initial contact through to the end of the limitation period (6 or 12 years post contract/practical completion) and any limitation extension. This is to be able to respond to any legal claim or similar.
10. What are your rights under data protection laws?
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can write to us at S.H. Architectural Services Ltd, 33 Belvedere Road, Earlsdon, Coventry CV5 6PG.